Thursday, October 3, 2013

Treat Yourself: A Manicure is Good for the Soul!

If you know me, you know one of my favorite shows is Parks and Recreation!  And what is my all-time favorite catch phrase from the show??


It's funny, because it's true!!!  It's good to treat yourself every once in a while (or all the time...), and one of my favorite ways to do it? Manicure! 

If you can suffer through an hour of being made fun of in another language, it's totally worth it!  A manicure is my number one go-to feel-good treat.  It's quick, easy, not that expensive, and feels amazing!  (I swear the girl I go to, Lisa, doubles as a massage therapist).  And for me, shellac is a must - if you haven't tried it, you've got to!  Trust me, you'll never go back.  (C'mon, a manicure that doesn't chip for over two weeks?? I'll take it!)

I got my first "fall manicure" earlier this week.  All summer I was going crazy for the salon's newest shellac colors, namely a minty aqua color called "A Mint of Spring" and a bold purple called "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not."  The salon I visit uses Gelish Nail Color - you can find the full range of colors HERE!

So this week, since the weather is finally cooling off, and there is a hint of that "fall feeling" (do you know what I mean when I say fall feeling...I can't describe it, it just makes me happy!), I decided it's time to bust out the first fall manicure colors!  My go-to shades are a medium red and dark purple - the colors seem to go well with my skin tone.  My favorite Gelish colors are "Night Reflection" and "My Forbidden Love" - which is what I went with this time.




I just love the richness of the color - and you can't beat that shine!!  I'm telling you, shellac is the way to go.  I could hardly contain myself when she started painting my nails, I guess because it combines two of my favorite things, getting a manicure, and fall colors!!

Go on over to Gelish's website (here) and tell me what your favorite seasonal colors are!

No comments:

Post a Comment